At Blue Bell Bernedoodles we believe that every dog deserves to have a loving, forever home. All of our dogs are part of our family and live in our home rather than kennels so that we know they are getting as much attention as possible. Because of this we have decided to offer a Guardian Home Program. A Guardian Home is a permanent home for one of our breeding males or females.
Becoming a Guardian Home gives you the opportunity to have one of our top notch puppies as a family pet. Rather than buying this puppy you will be putting down a $500 deposit that will be utilized for the spay/neuter procedure at the end of his/her breeding career (3-4 litters or up to the age of 5 for females & up to the age of 7 for males). Blue Bell Bernedoodles will retain ALL breeding rights. We reserve the right to cancel our guardianship program at anytime if we deem necessary. If you are the guardian family for a female you are welcome to schedule a visit while she is with us and play with the puppies at a time that is convenient for both parties.
As a Guardian Home you will be required to pay for the everyday expenses of owning a puppy including annual exams, vaccines, food, etc. We will pay for all breeding related costs including health testing.
Becoming a Guardian Home is not for everyone. You MUST be willing and able to follow these requirements:
- Have previous experience with dogs.
- Be willing to provide veterinary references.
- Be willing to teach basic commands such as sit, stay, lay-down, and leave it.
- Be willing to socialize puppies. This is very important!
- He/She must be an indoor pet and never left unattended outside.
- Feed a premium, quality food recommended by our reproduction veterinarian.
- All other dogs in the home MUST be fixed if they are the opposite sex.
- Provide regular exercise and limit exercise during physical development.
- Willing to let us, the breeder, visit your home.
- Contact Breeder immediately in the event of a serious illness or accident.
- Send a copy of all vet visits to Breeder.
- Must not allow he/she to mate with any unapproved dogs.
- Provide veterinary care when needed.
- If you are a guardian for a female dog, you must be willing to travel to meet or drop her off for 1-2 weeks while she is bred. Then drop her back off 1 week prior to her whelping date. She will stay with us until the puppies are weaned.
- If you are a guardian for a male dog, you must be willing to drop him off for 3-5 days for breedings unless arrangements are made ahead of time for us to pick him up.
- Be able to communicate with us, the breeder, about scheduling testing, mating, whelping, and anything else breeding related.
- Guardian families for males must live within 1 hr of Midland Michigan.
If you are interested in becoming a Guardian Home for one of our Bernedoodles, Poodles, or Bernese Mountain Dogs, please click the check box verifying you have read the above requirements. Then fill out and submit the application that will appear. We look forward to hearing from you!